This article is for installing tools in any linux distribution.
After installing Ubuntu guest OS in VMware Workstation, login to Ubuntu guest machine and update the systems. It’s better to update the systems prior to installing the guest tool. It’s not required to update Ubuntu first, but it makes things easier when installing the tool.
To update Ubuntu, run the commands below
"sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove"
Restart the guest machine.
1. First go to the VMware panel at the top click “VM” and then again click “Install VMware tools”.
2. After this is done go to the computer folder and above that you will see the VMware tools as shown below
As I have already installed the tools I am getting this option you will get the one mentioned above.
1. Extract the tools in the tmp directory
2. Open a terminal Window by pressing CTRL + ALT + T
3. Access the target directory
4. Execute installation Script
5. Choose all the default Settings
6. Restart the system and you are ready to go J